- Christian churches in Rome
- All people are sinners, therefore all, without exception, need to be saved from their sin.
- The Mosaic law, though good and holy, cannot counteract the power of sin.
- Through the righteousness of God, sin is judged and salvation is provided.
- With the coming of Jesus Christ, the former age of redemptive history has passed away and the new age of redemptive history has begun.
- The atoning death of Jesus Christ is central to God's plan of salvation.
- Justification is by faith alone.
- There is a certain hope of future glory for those who are in Christ Jesus.
- Those who have died with Christ and who enjoy the work of the Holy Spirit are enabled to live a new life.
- God is sovereign in salvation; He works all things according to his plan.
- God fulfIlls His saving promises to both Jews and Gentiles.
- The grace of the gospel calls Christians to personal holiness, mutual service, good citizenship, and wholehearted neighbor-love in Christ.
**Taken from the Crossway ESV Study Bible