- John Mark, supported by Peter
- The church, mainly those that are unfamiliar with Jewish customs.
- Jesus seeks to correct messianic expectations and misunderstandings.
- Jesus is man.
- Jesus is the Son of God.
- Jesus is the Son of Man with all power and authority.
- Jesus as the Son of Man must suffer.
- Jesus is Lord.
- Jesus calls his followers to imitate him in humble service, self-denial, and suffering.
- Jesus teaches on the kingdom of God, and implies that God continues to call a people to himself.
**Taken from the Crossway ESV Study Bible