- Timothy- his young coworker for the gospel. Paul was advising him on the concerning issues at the church in Ephesus.
- The gospel produces holiness in the lives of believers, and there is no legitimate separatino between belief and behavior. Thus, those who profess faith but do not demonstrate any progress in godliness should question their spiritual state.
- Worldwide evangelization is essential and is rooted in God's own evangelistic desire.
- One key evidence of reception of the gospel is proper behavior in corporate worship (evnagelistic, prayer, unity, modesty and submission)
- Church leaders should be people whose lives are shaped by the gospel.
- Appropriate honor is a key element in how Christians should relate to one another in the church.
- The created order is good and is to be appreciated, though not worshiped.
- It is important to labor for the purity and preservation of the gospel.
**Taken from the Crossway ESV Study Bible