- The church in Thessalonica
- The wrath of God comes on those who reject the gospel.
- Jesus' death and resurrection are the basis for the Christian's hope.
- Christians are destined not for wrath but for salvation at Jesus' coming.
- Christians who die will participate fully in the second coming.
- Those who respond to the gospel have been elected by God in prehistory and called by God, and they continue to be called by God throughout their earthly lives.
- Christians should live lives of comprehensive holiness.
- Christians must never shirk their responsibility to work.
- The authenticity of the gospel is confirmed by the integrity of its preachers.
- Joy, especially in suffering, is a mark of the Christian.
- Christians experience the realities of the prophesied new covenant.
- Faith, hope and love are essential and universal traits of the Christian.
**Taken from the Crossway ESV Study Bible