- Most likely Peter
- Christians dispersed in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia- primarily Gentiles
- Those who suffer as Christians will be exalted.
- The church of Jesus Christ is the new temple, the new Israel, the new people of God.
- Believers should set their hope on their end time inheritance.
- Christ died as a substitute for sinners, and his death is the basis for their new life.
- Christ's suffering is an example to his disciples.
- At his resurrection, Christ triumphed over his enemies.
- Christians should live righteously in their new homes and in society.
- New life in Christ is the basis for life of love and holiness
**Taken from the Crossway ESV Study Bible