- Christians- perhaps to churches in the surrounding region
- The one eternal God became incarnate in his Son, Jesus the Christ, who is "the true God and eternal life."
- All humans are sinful, but Christians have joyful fellowship with the Father, with the Son, and with each other through repentance and faith in Christ.
- Christ is our advocate with the Father and the propitiation for our sins.
- Those who know Christ forsake sin and keep God's commandments- in particular the love commandment.
- Denial of Jesus Christ as God's son in the flesh is denial of God the Father.
- Faith in Christ results in forgiveness of sins, eternal life, confidence in prayer, protection from the evil one, and understanding and knowing the tru God.
**Taken from the Crossway ESV Study Bible